Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A little catch up

I am loving this life I'm living right now! My last post was about a big adventure I took to Oslo, Norway... and though that was the last 'road trip' I've been on since then, I still have been on many other trips and adventures... they never end!

The Wednesday after Oslo, we went on a staff outing to Grenna. Grenna is this cute little town that is credited for being the found of the original polkagrisar.


A birds-eye view of Grenna.




Basically it's a town filled with candy shops. It was fun to walk around, and in most of the shops, you were able to watch them make their candies- which was sweet. (get it? sweet? cause the candy was sweet... and it was sweet to watch?... HA)








I get to hang out with these awesome kids on a daily basis.




After walking the town for a little bit, we went to a lake for lunch, and then went to another town called Jonkoping (pronouced young-shopping) and walked around in the city center. It was a great time to hang out with staff and relax for a little bit!



A waterfall we visted near the lake.











the gents had a rock throwing contest at the lake... of course they would.













The entrance
Then one Sunday after church, a big group of us went to explore this cave close to the school. We took a hike up to the cave and then walked in a single line into it. The water running through the cave was freezing, and I don't even want to know what was living in it. It was super dark in the cave, and I couldent always see the girl in front of me. It was cool. (get it? cool? because the water was cool, and the experience was cool... ahh, nevermind...)








then we came to an opening in the cave, and built a fire and sat around and talked. Good times! (we also painted our faces with charcle... because we felt like cave men.)












Some other things that has happened this month:






Raspberry picking (yummers!)














Tea Parties!












Late night lake swims
(and campfires!)
(and smores!)







ya. living the good life!

But in all seriousness, I am so so so blessed to be able to come up here and go on these adventures, and hang out with these awesome people and just living life. Somedays I can't believe that I'm here, doing these things. Seriously folks, I'M IN SWEDEN... and I often have to reminde myself of that!
I leave here in about 2 months (or if we want to be technical, 1 month and 24 days). I don't even know what to feel about that. There are some days when those numbers are too far away... but then there are other days when I can't figure out how I'm going to fit everything in before I leave.
Part of me is excited to come home and to see everyone again (and my dog... man, I miss that guy), but another part of me is scared to come home. I don't want to go back to living the normal life that I left when coming here. I don't want to be the same person. I want to come back changed... and somedays I feel like I've changed a lot, then others I feel like I've barley changed at all.
I guess we'll just have to see when I get back :)

AND JUST SO YOU KNOW... I'm not always playing around in caves and lakes... but we do actually work up here, and that's been great too! We have a group of about 70 teenagers from Germany here for 2 weeks. It's chaos. But I love it! I love when the day is filled and busy. I guess I work better under pressure.
Well well well. I guess that is all for now.
adjö.
Lebewohl.
adiós.
la revedere.
Goodbye.









No comments:

Post a Comment