Sunday, November 6, 2011

First Things First...

Welcome everyone! SO, if you don't know why you're here, or who I am, or what this Sweden thing is all about, let me explain:

For the last couple of years, I've had my eye on attending a Bible school through a program called Torchbearers. Torchbearers has Bible schools all over the world, and while looking through their website, a little school called Holsby Burnn popped out at me. Holsby is located in Southern Sweden in a little town called Holsbybrunn (Yes, the school is two words, the town is one). According to a 2005 census, the town had a population of about 800. So when I say little town, I mean little town.

I applied over the summer and got accepted, YAY! So now I'm in the process of saving up money, filling out visa applications, and trying to figure out my traveling plans. There's a lot to do in a short amount of time, but I'm so excited!

I'll be attending their spring semester which starts at the end of March and ends in May. I'll then stay at the school (which becomes a summer camp) through September and volunteer on their housekeeping staff.

I'm excited... have I mentioned that yet? And there's lots still to do in order to get there- but I know that with God's help, everything will get done, and I'll soon be on my way to Sweden!

Some facts about this school:
- I'll most likely be taking classes that focus on the New Testament of the Bible
- It's not an accredited college, so most likely the classes wont transfer to another school. I choose to take classes at this school mostly for the experience
- It's an English-speaking school, so I wont have to know Swedish, though I plan on learning some (at least the basics!)
- On average, 40 students come to Holsby each year (not a lot, but not too much... it's the perfect size!)

So there ya have it! I hope to keep up with this blog throughout this next adventure in my life. I will admit that I probably wont post much before going to Sweden, but I will hopefully keep up with all my journeys once I'm there!

Thanks for tuning in... I'll leave you with this short video about Holsby. I'm so excited to someday be one of those students who gets to tell my story about this school!!!!


1 comment: